Sunday, February 10, 2008

Music From The Edge: Corey Hart


"I wear my Sunglasses at night"....singing this at the top of my lungs as I wore my sunglasses at night swinging on the swings of the resort at Lake Milton with my friend Jeff. Life was so innocent then.....

This song meant a lot to me growing up. In tribute to this great song - and fantastic LP, I perused my collection to come upon the first release from Corey Hart titled "First Offense."

Of Canadian grit, Mr. Hart added "Sunglasses at Night" at the last minute, to his debut LP in 1983. He was so popular by the release of his second LP "Boy in the Box" with the #3 Billboard Hit "Never Surrender" he was offered the role of Marty McFly in "Back to the Future." Corey turned down this offer - and the rest is history. Corey's career began its downward trend after "Boy in the Box," - maybe he should have taken on that role, who knows what would have happened?

Corey continues to write music, and though he now is in the background continues to influence the masses, including writing and producing for fellow Canadian Celine Dion.

So...my tribute to 1983....and wearing sunglasses at night...here is his Corey Hart's debut LP, "First Offense."

Sunglasses at Night
Peruvian Lady
Lamp At Midnight
She Got The Radio
It Ain't Enough
Does She Love You
Cheatin' In School
The World Is A Fire
At The Dance
Jenny Fey

"First Offense" peaked at #31 on the Billboard 200. The single "Sunglasses At Night" peaked at #7 on the Billboard Hot 100, the follow-up single "It Ain't Enough" peaked at #17 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Enjoy!

Video for "Sunglasses at Night"


Video for "It Ain't Enough"



Peace.Love.Live.
JPB

No comments: