Monday, August 13, 2007

Music From The Edge: Sam Harris

I love Sam Harris. By far, one of the most prolific artists of my generation. Severely underrated and under-appreciated, there is something to be said of having the most wins on the talent contest Star Search. His music got me through many a tough time in high school.
"Sugar Don't Bite" was the first single off his self-titled debut album. The single peaked at #36 on the Billboard Hot 100, and the album peaked at #35 on the Billboard 200, and #29 on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip Hop Albums. Though he never made it as a "major player" in the pop world, Sam has followed up his chart success with television (most recently on CBS's The Class), and Broadway. So here is is debut single.....and get out the mousse!

2 comments:

John said...

I know you love him and all, but I can't read "Music From the Edge: Sam Harris" without laughing my hair off.

Oh.

jpb2525 said...

John: Music from the edge has many meanings....

Edge of insanity
Edge of oblivion
Edge of obscurity
Edge of success

So that is why I chose to call it music from the edge. Though the connotation may inadvertently give one the impression that it is "edgy” but thanks for the post....it was funny!

Your comments lend cred. to my blog anyway (so cut away...!!)