Sunday, October 28, 2007

My Mix Tapes: DJPB Presents Hott Grooves '96

Before I get started, I would love to invite you all to see my brother's blog. In his latest post, my brother accuses me of suffering from BDS or Bush Derangement Syndrome. Well, I commented (he suckers me into it), but I can assure all of my great readers that I suffer from no such syndrome- I only suffer from the REALITY that Bush is, in fact, our President.

On a lighter note, I have found all of my cassettes from my club days. Some were made for me, some I made myself. My latest hobby (I have a few now), is to transfer these to MP3 format and to share with all of you. Some of the mix tapes are better than others, but all of them contain rare remixes. So for my inaugural post I give you, DJPB Presents: Hott Grooves '96.

I recorded these mixes from my personal collection of music - we didn't have IPods back then. I loved to put stuff together so I could listen to it when I was in the car (or getting ready to hit the clubs....) Knowing me - there is a story behind the songs chosen for this mix tape (but for the life of me I don't know what it is...I might make something up later.)

This mix tape was recorded as a single MP3 file for Side A, and then a single MP3 file for Side B.

SIDE A:

James Brown Is Dead – LA Style
I’m In Love With You – BKS
All or Nothing – Miisa
Keep Me Hangin’ On – Reba McEntire
One More Try (Junior’s Factory Mix) – Kristine W.
Hot Stuff (Hott Mix) – DJ Miko
I’m Your Man – Lisa Moorish Feat. George Michael
Gimme Luv – Pulsar
Tell Me – Activate
Baby Baby (Extended Mix) –Corona


SIDE B:

Input – S50
If Madonna Calls – Junior Vasquez
Sky High – Newton
No More Tears - KD Lang & Andy Bell
Freedom – DJ Bobo
I’ll Be Alright – MTS
Fastlove - George Michael
Return To Innocence – Enigma


Click on the SIDE A or SIDE B link(s) to download). Enjoy. Download it to your IPod. But most of all let me know what you think!!!

Peace.Love.Live.
JPB

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Omigod! I was just talking to someone about those darn mix tapes. Please tell me you have the one with the Sesame Street mix on it!! I love that so much and I sound like an idiot when I try to explain to people how cool it was.