Friday, June 22, 2007

Hate Crimes Legislation

This is being reposted from my myspace blog. My hope is that the more people see it the bigger the difference we can make.

Current mood: hopeful

Ok, so now I get political (as if I haven't before!). But this is extremely important to me, so I am going to write about it. I am hoping that I can put this video in my blog (it is extremely moving)...so if I can it will be right next to this message. This important legislation is currently awaiting a vote in the Senate....we need everyone to call your Senators, write your Senators, email your Senators and DEMAND that they support the Matthew Shepard Act.



If you don't know who Matthew Shepard is, I strongly urge you to google his name and read about him and what happend to him, if that doesn't move you to action, I guess nothing ever will.
For those of you who are a bit on the busy side, please visit this link and sign your name to the letter and it will be delivered courtesy of HRC to your respective Senators. Here is the link: http://www.hrcactioncenter.org/campaign/matthew_shepard

Thank you all for your support. Please, please, please pass along this information to everyone you know. I look forward to everyone's comments.

Peace,
JPB

No comments: