Monday, March 17, 2008

Sorry about the delay.....

So, even though I promised that I would spend more time "blogging" - I find myself having a difficult time getting it done.

I must say that the gym has taken the front seat (as I prepare for my 20th reunion in August)...I am trying my darnedest to be the best I can be and i am having a whole lot of fun doing it. It is amazing to me the transformation in my body shape....I just love that hard work can pay off at the gym.

The interesting thing is that I don't spend HOURS a day there - nope - just 1 to 1 1/2 hours per day for 5 days a week.....focused workouts and cardio where I monitor my heart-rate to be sure I zone correctly.... My optimal fat burning heart rate is 124 and I reach Zone 3 at 133. Knowing these two key elements (and having a rocking Polar Heart Rate Monitor) has made the difference! I am shrinking inches and putting on muscle....WIN WIN....I never thought I would be a gym rat - but I gotta tell you - it is ADDICTING....

Considering that I no longer have any bad habits (I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs) I must honestly say that I am healthier today than at any point in my adult life!

My advice - it's never too late...all it takes is about 3 weeks of making it a habit - and seeing some immediate results and then your own will power will take it from there....

So here's to a healthier way of life!

Peace.Love.Live.
JPB

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Are you using the recommended heart rate numbers or did someone figure yours out specifically? I've always been curious about that.

jpb2525 said...

Jodi -
I had my MAP testing done. It is specific to me and allows me to make the most of each and every workout. It is recommened to be done every 6 months or so - as you train - because your resting heart rate and your thresholds will change as you make improvements. Will hit you up later!